28 July 2005

Intimacy with God

A helpful insight from Eugene Peterson: "Intimacy isn't primarily a mystical emotion. It's a way of life, a life of openness, honesty, a certain transparency."

I find that liberating and holistic. It's in line with the suggestion I make in Praying the Pattern, where I suggest that prayer is about lifestyle and a rule of life is a kind of praying - or at least the groundwork for praying our life and living our prayer (an Iona community phrase).

Spirituality for All the Wrong Reasons - Christianity Today Magazine:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man! I really like your site!

I am a protestant who has been influenced by many Orthodox teachings. The result is very little patience for many of todays "approaches" to God, and a desire for God Himself (kind of a Thomas a Kempis, "Imitation of Christ" kind of thing...).


Blessings!

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...