This shows up precisely what worries me about too much of the church in the west and is execerbated by the psychology engendered by falling numbers and resources.
"Most painfully of all I learnt that I needed to care for myself and to be a whole lot more healthily self-focussed. I’d grown up thinking self-care was selfish. What I discovered in the last few months before leaving was that I had long been running on “empty” when it came to church; the ripples of that emptiness, tiredness, disappointment and marginalisation etc. had an incredibly negative impact on me, one that was far wider than church. I suffered, my marriage suffered, and my family suffered."
Paul, my understanding goes with you and I will hold you in my heart when I consciously recognise myself before God.
emergingchurch.info > stories > paul fromont: "
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment