06 September 2005

In-browser remix

I'm starting to get worried about Google's reach, but a new development in software seems to be potentially an apple-care upsetter; culturejamming potential 8/10, imho. "The best mods mix content from multiple sites, upsetting the carefully calibrated sales environments at big online retailers. Check out Amazon's page for the new Harry Potter novel, and the Book Burro script adds a yellow sticky in the corner with up-to-the-second price quotes scraped from Barnes & Noble, Powell's Books, and other competitors. Even Boodman's employer has been modded. A script called Butler stuffs Froogle pages with links to other shopping sites. "
I might change my mind about submitting my book to Google Print though....
"It also undoes the clever copy protection on Google Print - the company's massive archive of scanned books - so you can copy and paste copyrighted book pages to your desktop."
Wired 13.09: START:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...