25 October 2005

Paternoster Rosary 2.1 - Luke 7:22-23

And he answered them, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have good news brought to them. And blessed is anyone who takes no offense at me.

This is the first reflection in the series praying "Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven" on the smaller beads or knots. There are two or three ways that I use this passage as I pray round the prayer-phrase beads/knots. One is to reflect on the actions of Christ as demonstrating the priorities of God; God's agenda, so to speak. Another is similar but different in focus: to let each of the kinds of action remind me of those for whom I'm concerned and to bring them to God as I pray the phrase "Your kingdom come ...". And the third way is to focus on the last phrase "And blessed is anyone who takes no offense at me." to remind me that it is Christ who is at the heart of God's kingdom.

If I pray using the first way, then it tends to mean that I am praying more globally for things like trade justice, aid, healthcare, social justice and so forth as against the more local and personal way of praying with the second approach. The third approach tends to engage me in holding in mind people and situations where I think that Jesus's Christhood needs to be acknowledged.
The Kingdom of God is demonstrated in Christ, God's will is done in and through Christ, to whom all authority is given ...

Next bit...
Last bit...
Crosswalk.com - Luke 7:22: On Del.icio.us: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...