Fishenden, of Micro$oft UK,
"points to the ‘honeypot effect’ of putting a comprehensive set of personal data in one place, thus producing a “richly rewarding target for criminals,” and says that we “should not be building systems that allow hackers to mine information so easily… Inappropriate technology design could provide new hi-tech ways of perpetrating massive identity fraud on a scale beyond anything we have seen before: the very problem the system was intended to prevent.”
...Microsoft has expressed its concerns directly to the Home Office ID cards team but Fishenden said other suppliers are keeping quiet about their fears over the viability of the current proposals because they want a piece of what would be a multi-billion pound project."
NO2ID NewsBlog � Blog Archive � UK ID card a recipe for massive ID fraud, says Microsoft exec:
ID, ID_cards, legislation, UK, function_creep, database, fraud, Microsoft,, biometrics
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment