24 October 2005

Unleashing the little Hitlers

A little while back I tried to put into words the Christian principles that drive the concerns that impinge on my political comments in this blog. One of them was to do with the way that power is used. Well here's how it affects the issue of ID cards.
The act, like the suss laws before it and the ID cards to come, are all toys in the playbox of wannabe bullies and nothing that I have seen, either here or anywhere else, suggests that such people will ever learn to play nicely. Shortly after the fall of Ceausescu, I had Romanian friends to stay. En route to the theatre, one of them began to weep; they wouldn't let her in. She had left her passport at home. Passport? For the doorman at Cats? It can happen. That's all I'm saying.
The Observer | Comment | Unleashing the little Hitlers: On Del.icio.us: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...