30 November 2005

accused: snatched peace activists of spying on Iraq

This ought to give the lie to those who think that bravery is the monopoly of those who take up arms. The point is that peacemaking may be costly; the difference is that the balance between willingness to inflict pain and damage as opposed to accepting it is different. My prayers go out to these men and their families.
"I don't know, I've done a lot of writing and talking about peacemaking. I've demonstrated, you name it I've been on it, but I feel that's what I'd call cheap peacemaking." Asked if the trip to Iraq could be costly, Mr Kember replied: "It could be."

Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Hostage video accuses snatched peace activists of spying on Iraq: Filed in: , , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...