26 November 2005

Crusades betrayed Christian beliefs, Williams tells Muslims

It's great to read that +Rowan has said this
"Any modern attempt to revive a crusading ideal is not likely to be supported by most Christian believers."

to a Muslim audience, I pray that it is heard loud and clear.
What I'm less happy about at least as it is reported is,
Dr Williams also said Christian countries did not set the best examples in giving money, a clear reference to criticism of western aid efforts following the Pakistan earthquake.
in the sense that what impressed me was how many non-muslims in the UK were giving to Muslims who were going to be using the money for aid ... I said at the time that I hoped that many Muslims would recognise that and that it would have a positive effect on interfaith understanding at the level of a shared humanity.

Telegraph | News | Crusades betrayed Christian beliefs, Williams tells Muslims:Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...