20 December 2005

I Dance, Therefore I Am

Brian Eno, interviewed by Wired magazine in 1995, said: "Do you know what I hate about computers? The problem with computers is that there is not enough Africa in them. This is why I can't use them for very long. Do you know what a nerd is? A nerd is a human being without enough Africa in him or her."

An interesting if all too brief reflection on the relation we have as bodily beings to our computers, or rather not. Could do with more depth, but a good start. If you are intrigued by the idea of our virtual disembodiment then you might like to know that it is a bit of a theme in cultural studies ...
Wired News: I Dance, Therefore I Am: Filed in: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...