13 February 2006

Airborne Cruise Ships


"The Aeroscraft will revolutionize leisure travel. Our designs for airborne travelers will rival the luxury cabins of the world's greatest ocean liners and will feature all the latest technological amenities."

I've been wondering for some time how feasible this kind of idea would be. Apparently they could fly coast to coast in the USA in about 18 hours. So transatlantic would be about a day? That's good if their fuel consumption is remarkably less than a jet airliner. I would be willing to even travel a couple of days to make good savings on CO2 in journeys to USA and Canada [or even further].

I hope to find out more in due course. Especially if there turn out to be more budget versions eventually, a youth hostel version, for example!

Worldwide Aeros Selects WATG for Interior Design of Airborne Cruise Ships | Dexigner:
Filed in: ,

1 comment:

James said...

Having driven across Canada a few times, I'd much prefer this to bus or my own car, and even the train (so expensive!).

The costs of flying in a jet do seem more and more unsustainable.

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...