09 February 2006

Leader halves his own pay

Hat tip to Dr Moose for this brave and salutary example of putting money where mouth is.
The Bolivian new left-wing President, Evo Morales, has cut his salary by more than a half to a little over $1,800 (£1,012) per month. The decision means that the salaries of all Bolivian public sector employees will be reviewed, as no official can earn more than the president.
Mr Morales said the money saved would be used to increase the numbers of doctors and teachers.

This man now becomes one of my heroes.
It put me in mind of my own call for our bishops to do likewise, which I now and hereby renew.
BBC NEWS | Americas | Bolivia leader halves his own pay:
Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...