29 March 2006

Global Warming: Be Very Afraid

People think, "I won't have to go to Florida anymore. Florida will come to me." People should realize that warmth doesn't mean Florida. It means New York is underwater. It may be that certain places like Siberia are more comfy, but it also means that they have no water. If people say, "Why should I be worried about global warming?" I think the answer is, "Do you like to eat?"

Or for the UK: warming doesn't mean Spain in Hampshire but London and Chichester underwater while Swindon has no water in the summer. And recall that much of the food we eat in the UK is from outside ... you know; those places where drought, flood and desertification are going to be big issues.
Wired News: Global Warming: Be Very Afraid:
Filed in: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...