05 April 2006

Men's And Women's Brains Behave Differently

“These findings are intriguing because they provide the first hint of what could be a fundamental difference in how the brain is wired in men and women,”

It has been known for a while that men and women seem to have differing brain structures; a result of hormone cascades in utero. I suspect that adolesence adds to that. It's one reason that transgendered people have my sympathy since, if a former doctor of mine is correct, they seem to have the brain type that actually belongs to the opposite gender to their genitals. But then there ore issues beyond that with gender dysphoria...

Anyhow, this brings me to one of the little 'heresies' that is currently running through my head. The idle question is whether God might have had a purpose in much of scripture in allowing male privileges to stand and not challenging them head on [cf. slavery]. The off-the-wall answer that is doing a fandango in my neocortex is that men are actually the weaker sex and if they are not 'given' such privileges, we tend to let women get on with it, go off, leave responsibility behind and lead unproductive, depressed and/or violent lives. In other words, men need to be given, in fact shoe-horned culturally into leadership roles to stop them/us going to seed.
As I say, it's a 'heresy' and I certainly haven't thought much about it or bought into it because it is so off-the-wall, but maybe there's something in it...
ScienceDaily: Even At Rest, Men's And Women's Brains Behave Differently:
Filed in: ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...