23 June 2006

Lord’s Prayer as Pattern Prayer

I had a good piece of news yesterday as I discovered a review on Jesus Creed by Scot McKnight of Praying the Pattern. For me the review was encouraging. Among other things he says:
It is the best book I’ve seen on teaching how to use the Lord’s Prayer as a pattern for prayer.... here’s what this book does: it thinks about prayer, dwells on prayer, and teaches all about prayer through the lens of the pattern of the Lord’s Prayer. Worth having.

Which is great because it means that my aims in writing it were met at least for Scot: practical ideas for actual praying using the Lord's prayer. Not to mention some solid reasons why we should take the idea of doing so seriously.
Jesus Creed � Lord’s Prayer as Pattern Prayer
Filed in: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...