Yesterday afternoon, I upgraded my machine to the latest version of Ubuntu Linux and I'm pleased, it looks good, runs fine so far and seems to have some nice tweaks. Open Office has an even nicer look and feel. So if you are thinking about getting out of Windows, you might like to know that if you can run a trial version from one of the free Ubuntu 'live/evaluation' CD's and /or you have a spare 4 or 5 gig on your hard drive, you could install it in a partition [which the set up process would create and try it out without dumping windows till you're ready. That's what I did, and now
I'm free at last, free at last,
free of Windoze; it's in the past.
It costs nought [pr.'nowt'] and there's a good supportive community who have helped me sort out little bits and bobs in the past. And did I mention it's free? I'm no programming geek, and if I can use it, you can too.
Welcome - Ubuntu Linux
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment