22 June 2006

Self intro prosepoems

A while ago I was impressed by someone using a quote from Lark's Rise... as their profile; I loved the poetry of it and was challenged -not knowing it was a quote but thinking it the blogger's own- to produce my own. The effort resulted in the first stanza [which alert readers will recognise from the 'about me' on this very blog]. Now I make no claims at poetic brilliance, but actually, I'm quite pleased with them.

At a later time, for a different purpose, but with similar intent, I came up with the second. Now for the first time, they are united. If you can't figure out what things mean, ask. I might even tell.
Squallen from Celtic days refracted though Black-country-wised and wizened forebears.
Thames flowing in grandsired veins.
God Christfully inspirited this mud: a husband; a father; a priest.

Me? A growing spirit in England's north;
rooted in Albion's larger past and Europe's nearer.
Twicely 'father' and three-times 'dad'.
Yorkshire worker and Shropshire lad.
Now Tyne and tide waits for wo man, and I in tow.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Good introduction!

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...