21 August 2006

Mob rules: how terrorism fuels new witch hunts

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this nor my eyes when I read it.
a passenger mutiny in which several British families refused to travel on a plane with two Asian men. The men were forced to leave the flight after fellow passengers wrongly suspected them of being terrorists. Several people on board flight ZB 613 from Malaga to Manchester demanded their removal.

These guys had been through security. The passengers making the complaints should have been evicted. This sounds to be little more than mob-rule and should not be pandered to. The men concerned, in my view should be entitled to seek compensation from the Airline and the passengers making the complaints.
The terrorists have won a victory here of further alienating muslims and mainstream non-muslim society from one another. We should not give them the satisfaction.
Independent Online Edition > Transport: Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...