21 November 2006

�7bn nuclear fusion project launched in France | Science | Guardian Unlimited

I did feel that the BBC's television coverage of this was possibly a bit 'off' this morning as they showed protestors against plutonium which I understood is not really an issue with fusion.
The aim is to promote the power of fusion, which reproduces the sun's power source, producing no greenhouse gas emissions and only low levels of radioactive waste.

In fact I was surprised to discover that there is any appreciable radioactive waste at all. All of which we have to say 'likely' to because, of course, they haven't yet got the process to go into power profit.
�7bn nuclear fusion project launched in France | Science | Guardian Unlimited:
Filed in: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...