01 November 2006

Firefox 2

I just upgraded my Linux system and with it came Firefox 2. It's nice once I'd got over the differences. One of the most potentially catastrophic was that the session-saver extension doesn't work with the new one. I suspect that it will be fixed quickly. In the mean time Tab saver seems to do the trick but needs a manual restoration at the start of a session. So if you are a session saver user and intend to upgrade, I suggest backing up your tabs and pre-installing tab saver if you can. It's worth it though.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Mungo said...

I know a lot of people like clearing their cookies every time Firefox is closed, but it's never fun to log into your most-used web apps over and over again. By setting exceptions in the Cookies tab of the Firefox privacy options, you can exclude cookie deletion by domain so that you retain the cookies you need while getting rid of the rest. Handy.

This link will show you how to delete all cookies in Firefox on closing, EXCEPT for those from selected domains... very useful!
http://mungobah.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-delete-all-cookies-in-firefox-on.html

Pete Kirkham said...

The session saver extension is no longer required - Firefox2 features session restore as standard.

Andii said...

Now you've alerted me to that, and I thank you for it, I've had a little look around and found it in the edit/preferences/main menu. I thought I'd heard it was now meant to be there but since it didn't do it in actual fact I thought I'd misremembered. I should have thought to have a bit more of a look around...

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...