05 January 2007

Educational agenda should also be the church's

Now I'm really interested in this because as a trainee teacher, I think it's the right way to go in principle and because of my prior experience and interests, I think that I'd be interested in the role of "learning guide" -in a church school that might even be a role a chaplain might fulfil... ? But I invite you dear reader to reflect on the idea of applying 'personalised learning' to a church context.
"All pupils should have at least one person in school who understands their learning needs in the round and monitors progress throughout their school career. In primary schools, this will generally be the class teacher. In secondary schools, it means refocusing pastoral systems more strongly on learning.
"The role of a 'learning guide' should be established in all secondary schools, drawing on the skills of existing teachers and support staff. This will help pupils focus on how they are learning and what they need to do to progress (rather than a focus on subject-specific tutoring)."


Report calls for personalised learning by 2020 | News crumb | EducationGuardian.co.uk:Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...