05 January 2007

Plodding

I thought that this posting on our responses to the bleakness of winter is interesting. So much so I left a comment.
I guess the thing is to learn to spot the bleaknesses as we perceive them and then be able to look for their 'unexpected gifts': for instance the bleakness of the loss of leaves means that when I walk down Peth Lane, I can see the river and I can see the shapes of the bushes, which I enjoy. I say 'spot the bleaknesses' because often we just let the bleakness happen to us and we take it onboard in our own spirit without really untangling the effect that it has upon us or recalling that we have choices about how we receive it and respond to it. God created all things good, it's more often our appreciation that needs training...

let the trees of the forest sing: Plodding:
undefined
Filed in: , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...