06 February 2007

Bishop .alls for peace in Euskadi

Those of you joining me in prayer for Basque peace may be interested to note this.
Head of Spain’s Episcopal Conference, Bishop Ricardo Blazquez of Bilbao asked Saturday on the leaders of the political parties that the search of peace be "a basic aim." He also asked the armed Basque group ETA to disappear "without further delay or compensations."

It's worth noting attendance by major political reps except those associated with and often apparently speaking for ETA. So I do feel that those final words are not unfair.
I know Aleksu will probably want to remonstrate and defend ETA in this, but I can't find it in my heart to condone terrorism whether state or partisan.
EiTB24::Portada: Filed in: , , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...