06 February 2007

Tagged again

I have to confess to finding these tag things quite fun.
1. What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max)
Organising youth exchange programmes with USA and Germany: interesting people, new places, fun, a sense of helping understanding and opening up new perspectives ... closely followed by being part of a teaching and learning team for an event on postmodernism and worship in North Carolina: got to lead worship and to help USAmericans to understand the impacts of pomo better on Christian worship and evangelism ('cos pomo is more advanced in Europe, arguably, and we were certainly quicker off the mark in experimenting with responses).

2. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
Learn languages. I don't get the time now but I'd like to have a go at Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Urdu and perhaps Japanese.

3. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)
Take my wife to San Sebastian, where I used to live, once upon a time.

4. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)
I'd like to be better at art, then I could contemplate doing it for a living.
I'd like to be better at algebra so I could get my mind around the nitty-gritty of post-relativity physics.

5. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
Now I'm guessing I don't need to say Jesus. So, him aside, I'd say John Drane, to be able to pick his brains more about Christian responses and understanding of postmodern spirituality

6. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
calm, bright, creative

7. Now list two more words you wish described you…
wise, artistic

8. What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max).
God, learning, social justice.

9. Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max).
What is the most significant spiritual moment or time in your life, at least as it looks to you now?
For me, I suspect it was the moment when I realised in my early teens that we human beings may be quite good at working out how things happen but that a life which has no more meaning than being born, reproducing and then dying is a pretty bleak prospect: there must be more to life than that; what is the why beyond the how?

Now I have to confess that I'm near the bottom of the pile for this, so most if not all my likely tagees have been tagged already. So instead of naming the one or ones to pass the tig onto, I will invite any other blogosphere bottom-feeders like me, to offer to take on the questions...
The Contemplative Charismatic: Tagged again!

Filed in: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andii -

Thanks for doing this. I don't how I missed reading this post when I got back from my retreat.

Sounds like you are even more interesting than what first meets the eye, and that is already interesting. :-) Art and post-relativity physics are not two things I usualy see together, lol.

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...