10 March 2007

'Bolder' subject teaching needed

Huge sympathy with this as I reflect on the handful of occasions just this week when I have knocked back good and legitimate religious questions from my students because the curriculum /syllabus can't let me follow where the interest leads.
Education ministers should first decide what the national curriculum is for and spell out the learning achievements it wants schools and teachers to meet, says John White, emeritus professor of philosophy of education at the school of educational foundations and policy studies at the Institute of Education in London.
It should then be left up to individual schools how they meet those statutory obligations - freeing them from the current restriction of delivering them within strict subject boundaries,


'Bolder' subject teaching needed | News crumb | EducationGuardian.co.uk: Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...