17 March 2007

Celebrating Wayside pulpits

I have to confess that I have a great fondness for
laborious puns and facetious wordplay
and so the announcement of a national competition has brought a delighted sense of anticipation to tickle my forebrain. I am hoping to find some masterpieces along the lines of these:
"Come in for a free faith lift"
Fight truth decay
Ch..ch - What's missing? UR
Rooney shoots but Jesus saves.
Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake and the snake didn't have a leg to stand on

Apparently entries can be texted in and the winning slogan gets a £500 donation to a church or charity.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...