Whatever your perspective on intelligent design, it does seem to me that there have been some irresponsible charges and a huge rhetorical effort directed against it which seems to almost willfully set up aunt Sallies. If you want to see what ID'ers actually think and propose and how it fits with the whole Darwinist debate, then look at this response to an article in the Torygraph /Telegraph which reproduces the original but adds comments in-text from an ID perspective. Thus you get the idea rather well. A good reference article. I think that many evolutionists have simply assumed, on the basis of the rhetoric, that ID is creationism rewrit. I think that this riposted article shows otherwise.
ID.Plus: Richard Fortey rants at straw man of ID
Filed in: ID, Darwinism, evolution, theory, debate
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment