09 March 2007

Reasons Why the Linux Desktop is a Complete Blast! � Linux and Open Source Blog

Yep. This really rings bells for me. At school I have to use Windoze machines and it really frustrates me that I can't have the several desktops my Ubuntu Linux machine at home or the Linux cluster machines at the University allow me. It really is the case that it gets tiresome to be maxing and mini-ing the windows. So I nod sagely at this:
Have you ever gotten tired of maximizing one window, doing something, minimizing it, and hunting for the button on the taskbar to bring the next window up? In Linux, you open a program on desktop one, maximize it, and hit a key to go to desktop two and keep another program maximized there, and so on - as many desktops as you want. Never settle for anything less than full screen. And as if that weren’t enough, you can also hit another key combo to bring up the console - your desktops are still there, undisturbed - while you can flick back and forth between multiple consoles as well.

Reasons Why the Linux Desktop is a Complete Blast! � Linux and Open Source Blog

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...