15 April 2007

What the vanity search dragged in...

Curious as to what would turn up if students of mine should do a google search on my name I found a salutary lesson in my web footprint. In the course of which I found a really old letter of mine that is on the Indy's letters pages. In it I was obviously commenting on an article about funerals. You'll be able to piece together what the issue was from the quote.
As someone involved in the conducting of funerals I would be more than happy to find next-of-kin wanting to think over the event as well and as thoroughly as he does. He implies that Church of England funerals are not capable of being personal or relevant to the grief processes of next-of-kin. This is not so.

I then go on to tell how and offer a hypothesis about the real problem with funerals in our society. I still think I may have had a point.
Letter: Society must learn to mourn Independent, The (London) - Find Articles

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...