19 May 2007

The end of an era

For all my married life this soap has accompanied me. And it has sometimes been the 25 minute respite from a busy day in the parish when I could contemplate problems I didn't have to try to solve and feel free!
the BBC pulled out of the bidding earlier today, bringing to an end the corporation's 22-year association with the programme.

I have to admit that lately I've lost interest in it; I think I stopped caring about the characters, getting fed up with the way that the same plot lines were recycled through different characters and with the effects of pursuing the teen market. A victim of its own success?
Five scores Neighbours coup | Media | MediaGuardian.co.uk

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...