02 July 2007

Co-spousal presbyterisation complete!


Well, now I am married to an Anglican priest. And so is my wife. On Saturday afternoon she was ordered to presbyteral ministry, and I got to have a hand in it too: lovely. I wrote a proper preface for her first presidency yesterday. A long preface to go with Prayer E. It goes like this:
It is good to praise you our God,
you made humankind to be priests of your creation.
And when we refused our role,
in your love you sent Jesus to offer the sacrifice of himself
and reveal the new creation by rising from death.
So he redeemed our priesthood
and renewed your calling in us.
We give thanks that we have the hope of the Day
when all priesthood will be fulfilled.
In your intimate closeness to all you have made.
and so we gladly thank you,
with saints and angels praising you, and saying:
All Holy, holy, holy Lord,

My best beloved is fourth from the left just in front of Bishop Tom's rights shoulder.
Latest News

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...