07 July 2007

The Redding Shahada saga

You may recall my commenting on the case of Ann Holmes Redding, and Episcopalian priest who has professed Islam alongside her Christian faith. Having dialogued with Doug over it a bit, I suspect that this is the best outcome after meeting with her own bishop: "After meeting with her I issued a Pastoral Direction giving her the opportunity to reflect on the doctrines of the Christian faith, her vocation as a priest, and what I see as the conflicts inherent in professing both Christianity and Islam. During the next year she is not to exercise any of the responsibilities and privileges of an Episcopal priest or deacon. Other aspects of the Pastoral Direction will remain private."
The Lead:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...