27 July 2007

Try stuff

As I get my head around being a course leader and thinking about the way the course may develop, I find this nugget of wisdom from Tom Peters encouraging, partly because it fits my own instincs. "I often say ... that I've learned but one thing in 40 years, since I began my management career as a military (Navy) construction engineer in Vietnam in 1966. And that is ... 'try stuff' ... faster than the next guy. ('We have a 'strategic plan.' It's called doing things.'—Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines.) And keep on tryin' stuff."
On a recent conference explaining what I did one of the things I said, only half jokingly, was that I was hoping to out-innovate other courses ... hope I'm not setting myself up for a fall, but I've got some ideas ....
tompeters! management consulting leadership training development project management:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...