25 September 2007

Celibacy: new cool

Fascinating article about the new celibacy, written by an interested party who happens to be Muslim. The interesting thing is the reasons for the celibacy and the mould-breaking lifestyles and beliefs of some of the women who form part of the Prim and Proper Pussy Club (The PPPC).
Their celibacy is as much a rebellion as promiscuity. And while other belief groups base their virtues on some kind of pre-ordained set of rules, The PPPC doesn't comply with any but its own. In many ways these women are living a life I would love, but, although I was invited, I chose not to join them. I don't think I'm quite cut out for all the drugs and alcohol: I'm trying to bring about a general moral change in myself, not just my sex life. I would love to see other groups like this start up, though - ones that make their own rules, provide a support network, and don't force us celibate folk to compromise our cool.


'Celibacy can be rebellious'
Filed in:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...