05 February 2008

carbon fast for Lent

This isn't the only thing involved but I love the sybolism:
Participants are asked to begin the carbon fast by removing one light bulb from a prominent place in the home and live without it for 40 days, as a constant visual reminder during Lent of the need to cut energy. On the final day of the fast, people are encouraged to replace the missing bulb with an energy-saving bulb.

And, by the way; Hurrah!
I'll also refer you to an older posting of mine about Lent-keeping because it's still relevant and some of it works with the initiative I'm highlighting in this post. Also have a look at this one and, at another blog, this post.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...