Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
09 February 2008
Data is leaky: NIR be warned
Just as UKgov is reeling from various scandalous data insecurities coming to light, here comes some research to show that data security is probably a lost cause. The synopsis is here: How Safe Are Your Personal Records In The Hands Of Government Officials? and we are told; "no matter what steps an organisation takes, they will always run the risk of being compromised by human psychology and the way we perceive risk on a day-to-day basis," I think that this indicates that we should be into risk mitigation not a super-duper centralised database that falls open once cracked. Decentralisation is usually the way to do that kind of mitigation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment