08 February 2008

St Patrick’s defends sale of rosaries

I noted this little item last week, Church Times - St Patrick’s defends sale of rosaries: "ANGLICANS in Ireland have defended the Roman Catholic Church and the sale of rosary beads in St Patrick’s, the Anglican National Cathedral in Dublin."
As predictable, it's defending the sale from protestants of the 'Pope=antichrist' school of thinking, presumably on the basis of the Marian nature of the normal use of the rosary. However, it can be used other ways, such as my own adaptation of it into a way of praying through the Lord's prayer and scripture. I'm hoping to publish a book provisionally entitled 'A Book of our Common Prayer' which would have Lord's prayer liturgies and further ways of praying the Gospel Prayer including using a rosary.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...