26 September 2008

The government is introducing ID cards by stealth

Indeed they are and I felt a chill grip my heart as I read about it today. In response Nick Clegg produced one of the better political soundbites of the month, calling ID Cards "a laminated poll-tax". Sadly not in this article, but lots of good points are. Look at the comments and note that some correspondents have missed the point: it's not so much the ID cards as physical entities (though that's bad enough) but the NIR database behind them that's the big threat. Anyone fancy letting the government lose (for example), leak or sell 60 million of our identity markers at once? Nick Clegg: The government is introducing ID cards by stealth | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...