26 October 2008

The One Flag

It's a childhood thing, I think, but I really like this idea from Adbusters: "We invite you to create a flag – free from language and well-worn cliches – that embodies the idea of global citizenship." Now leaving aside the current UN flag -is that cliche'd? (with the olive branch?)- how could we do that? The UN flag's global map is a good idea, particularly to show it from the north pole and to centralise international waters rather than someone or other's country. Anyway, the article has a few examples of ideas already submitted. I've just been reading Stephen Baxter's Transcendent, where the sigil of united humanity is a green tetrahedron. If only I had time to give it a go; I love that kind of design work ...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...