12 January 2009

Watch out There's a Google nasty about

Just in the last two or three weeks someone gained access to my gmail account. I've changed my password. The interesting thing was what they did. They reset my signature file and enabled an automatic 'out of office' reply both with an advertising letter. So every time someone emailed me an automatic reply with advertising was sent. Apologies to anyone adversely affected by this and thanks to those who pointed out that it was happening.

The worrying thing was that the password concerned was one that scores well on encryption strength, being a combination of non-dictionary words and numbers (in fact a version of a Bible reference). I'm wondering whether they just got lucky or whether there is something else to be concerned about.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...