16 August 2009

Creation of world parliament "in full harmony with papal doctrine"

I tend to be impressed by RC publications on social and political matters and I think that this is significant. Read more here: Study: Creation of a world parliament "in full harmony with papal doctrine" | Campaign for a UN Parliament. And here's the short skinny: "'it is possible to derive from catholic social doctrine the creation of a democratic world legislative which, in particular, has the task to exercise oversight over the executive world authority.'"
I've joined the campaign because I think that we need to have democratic accountability for world-power exercising bodies like the World Bank and the WTO.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...