25 October 2009

The Pope's little bombshell

Well whatever the Pope's intentions, this certainly looked like crowing:
"In Rome, Vittorio Messori, who has co-written books with the Pope, said that the Anglican Communion was already losing followers because of female and gay priests." See: 400,000 former Anglicans worldwide seek immediate unity with Rome -Times Online: Of course, what no-one (well, hardly anyone) reports is the steady traffic the other way (me, and several people I've met at my college over the past few years). Perhaps 'we' should offer a special deal for the RC women ordained priests, their bishops and supporters (I blogged about it here)?

Any suggestions for what kind of deal to offer? ;)

Oh, and before you mention it: I don't blame the Pope; it's the logic of the position of papal supremacy that drives it.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...