Next time you see the media having a schadenfreud-fest over someone's apparent failure of care, remember the savaging of Eurostar for some failures and sub-optimal responses to the recent failure of several trains in the Chunnel (made to sound like the whole response was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish) and then remember this letter:
"I was on the second of the Eurostar trains that broke down in the tunnel and am most grateful for the way we were looked after"
Read the whole thing here: Letters: A thank you for Eurostar's marathon rescue | Travel | The Guardian.
There's usually another side and it may be quite significant!
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
23 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment