19 January 2010

POWER 2010

"What 5 reforms will bring real change to UK democracy? You can vote for as many reforms as you like, but just once for each reform.
The top 5 ideas become the POWER2010 Pledge - the backbone of our nationwide campaign for change at the next election. Vote now."

A version of my 'pet' idea is there: I do think that there should be a second chamber and I do think that it should be a democratic system. However, I think that Parliament should be more proportional and what I don't think we need is a second chamber with a democratic rivalry to it. Further, it seems clear to me that there is quite a lot of energy in some areas of civic society as well as expertise. It would be good to harness that in a scrutinising sort of way by having a different kind of constituency; non-geographical. So I'd love it, if you're a Brit, if you'd add your vote to that particular idea.
POWER 2010:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...