25 March 2010

A bit Wallace and Grommit, but it works....

I loved this; check it out. Basically a Yorkshireman for £500 managed to take photos 20-odd miles up which got NASA impressed. Trust a Yorkshireman to do it cheaper! The Northerner: Views as sky-high as allotment prices | UK news | guardian.co.uk: "'Nasa had heard what was happening and wanted to know how I'd done it so cheaply,' he said. 'People think this is something that costs millions but it doesn't. You just need a bit of technical know-how. I know nothing about electronics and what I do know, I learned from the internet. My family and friends thought I was a bit mad a first but they were suitably impressed with the results."
Now, that's the kind of thing that makes me proud to be British!

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...