19 August 2010

3 Cultural Trends Impacting Church Leadership

Intriguing reading mes ami(e)s: 3 Cultural Trends Impacting Church Leadership | TonyMorganLive.com
Here's the barebones, the flesh is in the article:
In: Influence Out: Power Way Out: Board Meetings ...
In: Creativity Out: Corporate Way Out: Red Power Ties ...
In: Networks Out: E-mail Way Out: Meet-Ups

I muse: apart from the last one, this list pretty much characterises my leadership style for about the last 10-15 years. WRT the email thing; I've actually, in the last 2 years been finding that my initial love affair with email (at its height between about 1997 and 2005) is palling: I'm finding that I'm almost instinctively going for eyeball-meetings because I'm getting fed up with the way that emails seem to be adding to the emotional miscegenation in the workplace. I think that email has become the new memo!

I also muse that there seem to be some facets of organisational life with which I am acquainted that seem to be latching onto the 'out' column stuff just as others are abandoning it ...

 

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...