15 August 2010

Future-Church-Scenarios

While I think that these scenarios are underspecified I do think that they capture things that are likely and in many cases could apply over here and not just in the USA. In fact I would say that I recognise all 4 in church life here and I am actively considering or actually involved (either previously, presently or looking to) in 2 or 3 of them.

I think futuring is an important way forward in our planning and strategising. Don't get hung up on the theological issue of whether God has a relatively open future for us or whether God is into meticulous providence; interesting though that is it is not the practical issue here. Unless we have particular revelation (like Agabus's prophecy in Acts), the between-the-times norm holds: we are to plan to do what we are called to do and to use our nous in service of the Kin-dom of God. The Lord on return expects us to be busy in his service, not waiting around ... And any of us who use insurance should recognise that we are already bought into the future scenarios thing.
Church-Futures.com:-Future-Church-Scenarios

No comments:

A review: One With The Father

I'm a bit of a fan of medieval mysteries especially where there are monastic and religious dimensions to them. That's what drew me t...