03 September 2010

Festival des Erreurs

Not very long back I blogged about a workshop in which mistakes would be shared (in this case by people involved in development) in order to enable learning more widely. I remarked that we could possibly do with having a go at this in church. Well, I'm considering how best to dip the toe into the water on this. Meanwhile I've come across a Festival of Errors which occured in July in Paris. It hase strengthened my resolve to see whether we can't do something about recogising error as a potential blessing...
Edition 2010 | Paris-Montagne: "Alors, n�gative, l'erreur ? R�solument pas ! L'erreur a pour racine latine l'errance... Et s'�garer, sortir des sentiers battus : n'est-ce pas la voie de la cr�ativit� ? Osons donc explorer les chemins broussailleux o�m�nent les errances... Pour mieux rebondir, prenons le risque de nous tromper !" (Error, negative? Absolutely not! ... wandering off, leaving the beaten track ... [is] the path of creativity ... let's take the risk of being wrong).
The Guardian article reporting this also lists a bunch of magnificent errors including the experiments that gave us vaccination and antibiotics ....

I think that this is another dimension of the phenomenon of obliquity.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...