19 September 2010

So long Bloglines, and thank for all the RSS

It is with sadness I pass onto you the news that Bloglines is ceasing to be:
As you may have heard, we are sorry to share that Bloglines will officially shut down on October 1, 2010.
More detail can be found on the Ask.com blog - http://blog.ask.com.
We want to make it as easy as possible to transport your feeds to another RSS aggregator,

I'm sad because it is/was a really helpful RSS feed aggregator. Over the last half-dozen years or so I have used Bloglines to track websites, news, breaking developments which show up in search-terms. It has enabled me to hear about certain ideas or developments that I had not come across otherwise and to come across interesting ideasfrom emerging church and theologians. So useful in fact that I have felt the need to find a replacement. Google have an aggregator, I tried it about a year back. BUT it's not as good; it doesn't organise the info and the possibilities in a way that I fund helpful. So Idid a bit of seartching around and found a couple of possibilities and looked them over and tried them out for a bit. And now I'm pleased to announce that I think that I have found my replacement.

Drum roll ... ta da ....
Netvibes, using the 'reader view'. It also has possibilities that I will be exploring in odd moments in the next few months and does a very passable rough equivalent to the service I got from Bloglines.
Bloglines | My Feeds (289) (3)

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...