26 May 2011

An Open Apology for the Church (by Joe Boyd)

I suspect that a number of readers may find a lot in this to make common cause with. See here
TheOOZE beta | evolving spirituality. � An Open Apology for the Church (by Joe Boyd): for the whole thing. Here's a flavour of it "I ask your forgiveness for every sin of every priest, pastor, minister, reverend, teacher, elder, deacon, pope, nun, monk, missionary, Sunday school teacher, worship leader, and for every Christian who has ever come into your life for any other reason than to love you. If any of us came to you and hurt you, we are the ones at fault. On our behalf, let me say that I am very sorry. It’s not who we are supposed to be"
I like the idea that every so often he adds to it...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...