29 May 2011

Ora pro me; 9 June

Although I'm starting work on 1 June (though having a few days out for moving stuff and doing a few finishing things at St John's during June and July), my formal inauguration of ministry (as Chaplain and faith advisor to Northumbria University) is not until Thursday 9 June. It is booked to take place from 6 in the Chaplaincy (Wynne Jones Building) with drinks and nibbles moving at 7pm to the Rutherford Hall (just 10 metres from Wynne Jones) for the ceremony followed there by further refreshments. If you can be there, I'd love you to come; just let me know so I can make sure that the refreshments, and set-up organisation is all that we might hope!

I'd love it if you could pray for me about this new beginning and for us as a family as we adjust to new circumstances and possibilities. In your holding us before God please consider Tracy as she seeks a right way forward in her ministry and vocation and for our children, Jo, Ben and Bex who each in their own ways are making significant transitions this summer (Jo seeking employment after his MA studies; Ben graduates and will be seeking business in graphic design; Bex continues at University into her final year and will be preparing both for marriage and post-graduate study).

I think that this may be the first time I have ever mentioned by name all of my immediate family on this blog. Since they are all now over 18 and have their own web footprint, I guess it may be about time!

3 comments:

Pete said...

Congratulations, Andii. It's been a long time coming. But I believe you are coming home, that is if home can be thought of as the place you are supposed to be. I wish we could be there physically, but we certainly will be in every other way. Beth is in Botswana until tomorrow with our daughter Amy doing ground work on a youth trip later this summer. So I add their congratulations to mine (our son Rob is living across the country in Oregon consorting with criminals as a criminal defense attorney). Thanks for the update on Tracy, Jo, Ben, and Bex. We miss seeing you guys.

Amanda said...

Congratulations, Andii! Sorry I can't be there, but I will be praying for you this evening and in the next weeks as you all settle in and discover what God is doing next in your lives.
God Bless you all,
manda

Andii said...

thanks to you both and all others who have wished me well. The service was enjoyable and an encouraging official start to the post.

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...